Posted: Dec 15, 2020
Are you excited to make a real contribution to green development in the Belt and Road
Initiative? Are you interested in accelerating green finance in China and internationally?
The IIGF Green BRI Center is looking for one experienced researcher (m/f/x, 3+ years in
finance, sustainability, banking, and/or economics) with fluency in Chinese and English to
support our work on greening the Belt and Road Initiative.
The role will be focused on delivering high quality research and writing in the areas of green
finance, green finance policy, and green infrastructure with a focus on BRI investments.
You will support the IIGF Green BRI Center with data research and data analyses on green
trade and investment in the BRI in regard to climate, pollution and biodiversity, write policy
papers and reports and contribute to the overall development of the Green BRI Center.
You will work closely with our project partners that include international financial
institutions, multilateral development banks, Chinese SOEs and EPCs as well as Chinese and
You will also be responsible for supporting development of new projects.
This is a full-time job.
Latest starting date is March, 2021.
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary according to your level of qualification, at minimum 12.500
RMB per month.
You will be working in one of the globally leading and fastest growing think tanks on Green
You work will impact the future of sustainable development.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant international experience e.g. in project finance,
finance research, sustainability implementation, economics, climate studies
- Solid understanding of Chinese and international (green) finance landscape, including
stakeholders in government and private sector
- At least master degree, e.g. in finance, economics, business
- Excellent research skills in English and Chinese
- Excellent writing skills in Chinese and English
- Good statistical data analysis skills
- Strong interest in sustainability, green economy, green finance, infrastructure, green
- Team-work skills and high levels of motivation
Good to have:
- Visualization skills
- Any other language
Please send your resume, a concise letter of motivation and your latest transcript to
Jan 6, 2020